Monday, March 8, 2010

Feeder Wars

I should have been a naturalist. I love being outdoors. I love watching wildlife, their habits and routines. I really could watch them for hours. The last couple of weeks has been really fun. With the warmer temperatures and spring like weather, the birds have been flocking to the feeders. While they are here they are taking advantage of the pond and having a bath. Today was and especially active day. So many birds. The most common is the Pine Siskin. They come in bunches. The rest come singly or maybe in pairs. I wish I were a better photographer. I know nothing about aperture, lighting, speed, so I just point and shoot. Thank goodness we have a decent camera or these pictures would never have come out at all. Some of the photos are better seen if you click on them and see them larger.

This little guy has quite the impressive breast!!
I think this is an Audubon's Warbler. Anybody know??
There were 3 robins harvesting worms. It was like the cartoons. One end of the worm in his bill, the other still stuck in the ground!!!
American Goldfinch
The fish are wondering if this guy is bringing breakfast....
Bath time!!!
All is calm at the moment...... Note the one lurking to the left......
Oh no you don't, buddy!!!
Get outta heh!!!
I said "back off buster!!!"
To the winner go the spoils......................


No comments: